Information We May Collect About You
We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between you and us. For example, if you contact us by email, telephone or post, we may keep a record of your contact details and that correspondence or the nature of our correspondence.
We will also collect certain information about each of your visits to our Site and how you use it, such as:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
This information may be collected by a third party website analytics service provider such as Google Analytics on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies. For more information on cookies, please refer to paragraph 6 below.
Information we receive from third parties
We may also receive information about you from third parties if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide and have consented to such third parties sharing your information with us for specific purposes. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We may also receive information about you from other third parties such as market research companies (in relation to prospective client research) and recruitment agencies (if you are applying for a job with us).
How We Use Information About You
- to provide you with access to our Site and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us (in accordance with our agreement with you);
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or by telephone with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you or if you have opted in to receiving such communications;
- to provide customer service and support, deal with enquiries or notify you of changes to our Site;
- to improve our Site and ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective and optimal manner (in accordance with our legitimate business interests);
- to carry out aggregated and anonymised research about general consumer engagement with our Site and services (in accordance with our legitimate business interest);
- to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety or our employees (we may have a legal obligation to do this, and otherwise will only do so in accordance with our legitimate business interest);
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure (in accordance with our legitimate business interests);
- to consider your application, if you apply for a job with us; and
- to understand how we might be able to provide suitable services to you, if you are a prospective user of our services.
Disclosure Of Your Information
You agree that we may share your information with:
- any company which is a member of our group;
- any third party that we work with where necessary for the purposes of granting you access to our Site and/or delivering to you any other service(s) that you request from us. For example, we might engage other third party sub-contractors or service providers to help us host our Site, manage our content or mailing lists;
- any affiliate or third party to whom disclosure is necessary to enable us to provide you with any services or products that you have requested through the Site which may be provided by such affiliates or third parties;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- any third parties where necessary to enable us to comply with any legal obligations, enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees, customers, or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law (including without limitation any court, regulator or other relevant authority);
- any selected third party that you consent to our sharing your information with for marketing purposes as we refer to above; and
- any advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we will provide them with aggregate and anonymised information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target and we may use the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings of your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings, please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of the Site and your experience may be less satisfying.
The name of the cookies used by the Site and the purposes for which these cookies are used are as follows:
We use Drift to analyse how website visitors interact with our website. We use this information to identify trends and help us improve our website.
The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including information about the geographical location of anybody who starts a ‘live chat’ on the website, and which pages they visited.
We use HotJar to analyse how website visitors interact with our website. We use this information to identify trends and help us improve our website.
The cookies collect information in an anonymous form about visitors to the website, including what pages they visited, what pages they clicked on and how they scrolled on a page.
We use Google Analytics to analyse how website visitors interact with our website. We use this information to identify trends and help us improve our website.
The cookies collect information in an anonymous form about visitors to the site, including what pages they visited, how long they stay on each page for and the number of clicks.
How We Look After Your Information and How Long We Keep It For
We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to or unlawful use. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law otherwise permits.
Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorised access, you acknowledged that we cannot always guarantee the security of any information sent over the internet.
Data Retention and Security
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers [which are situated in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Your Rights to the Information We Hold About You
You are entitled to know what personal data we hold about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. In certain circumstances you may also be entitled to request that we delete certain information that we hold about you.